BCC member The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) announced the winners of its 2017 Annual Awards in a special presentation ceremony yesterday evening at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa in Northamptonshire.
Hosted by BBC Broadcaster, Sally Bundock and supported by headline sponsor Citation as well as individual category sponsors, the event saw almost 200 guests in attendance celebrating the achievements of companies and individuals across the cleaning industry.
For the first time this year the ‘Assessor of the Year within an Accredited Training Establishment’ award was so closely contested that the trophy was jointly presented to two winners; Keiron Morris from HMP Wayland and Janet Cook from HMP Bedford.
Denise Hanson, head judge for the BICSc Annual Awards said “We were impressed with the standard and quantity of entries this year, many demonstrating extraordinary innovation and commitment to improving the standards of the cleaning industry. There were some very long and tough decisions throughout the judging process as a result, however all of the entrants can be incredibly proud of their submissions.”
BICSc Annual Awards 2017 Winners
- The Sholom Gordon Award sponsored by Citation: Liz Smith-Mills, LSM Consulting
- The Eric Hill Medal sponsored by Birkin Clean: Elaine Upton, HMP Wayland
- The Ayres Regional Award sponsored by Karcher: North East Region
- The Doreen Heyes Award sponsored by Rubbermaid: Mitie, St Georges Hospital
- The Colin Hasson International Award sponsored by Environmental Excellence Training & Development Ltd: Andrea Yoko, Emrill Services LLC
- Excellence in Training and Assessment within an Accredited Training Organisation sponsored by Darwin Clayton: University of Exeter
- Assessor of the Year within an Accredited Training Organisation sponsored by Vileda: Ronald O’Neill (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Excellence in Training and Assessment within an Accredited Training Establishment sponsored by Sealed Air, Diversey Care: HMP Addiewell
- Assessor of the Year within an Accredited Training Establishment sponsored by Pearroc: Keiron Morris, HMP Wayland and Janet Cook, HMP Bedford
- Excellence in Training and Assessment within anInternational Accredited Training Organisation sponsored by CIM Associates UK Ltd: Transguard Group LLC
- Client Commitment to Training sponsored by ISS, PWC: Birkin Cleaning Services Limited
- Outstanding Candidate of the Year sponsored by Katrin: Alison Bell, Aramar
The BCC would like to congratulate all the winners, and all the shortlisted finalists, for their outstanding contributions to training and professional development within the cleaning sector.