The Worshipful Company of Environmental Cleaners (WCEC) hosted its annual Military Awards, on 26 September at Fishmongers Hall, London.
There were 144 guests in attendance and the event was hosted by Jim Melvin, WCEC Master, Lorraine Larman, Senior Warden, Darren Marston, the Junior Warden, and Mike Jenkins, Clerk of the WCEC.
The guest speakers at the event were Brigadier De Rouffignac, Commander of the 2nd Medical Brigade, and Alderman Michael Mainelli, Lord Mayor elect for 2023-2024, due to be installed in November.
The WCEC has a strong tradition of supporting the military’s environmental health technicians and cadets, who consistently demonstrate high levels of skill, knowledge and dedication whatever challenges they face.
The awards’ focus this year was for the contribution to environmental health by the Bromley Sea Cadets TS Narvik, 75 Detachment (Royal Army Medical Corps), South-East London Army Cadet Force, and 50F (Camberwell and Lambeth) Squadron Air Training Corps.
The following awards were made in 2023 :
- Reserve Environmental Health Award – Captain Steele
- Army SNCO Environmental Health Technician Award – Sargeant Gannon
- Army JNCO Environmental Health Technician Award – Corporal Phillips
- Royal Air Force Environmental Health Technician Award – Corporal Singleton
- Best Sea Cadet – Able Cadet Daniel Claydon
- Best Royal Marine Cadet – Cadet Lance Corporal Coughlin
- Best Air Training Corps – Cadet Corporal Dyer
- Best Army Cadet – Lance Corporal Maylia Munera
Jim Melvin said: “The WCEC is very proud to continue a robust relationship with the cadet corps and environmental staff. We are constantly seeking future leaders for environmental cleaning, particularly as the sector confronts mounting global challenges. Whether it’s those who have left the services or those who are just joining, there is a wealth of exceptional experience that could help our industry thrive in the future.”
If you would like to find out more about the Worshipful Company of Environmental Cleaners, or any of its initiatives or events, please email email@example.com or visit www.wc-ec.com