Environmental sustainability is one of the biggest issues facing business. The issues are complex and identifying the best way forward is not easy.
Bringing together experts from within Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association (CHSA) members, it is developing a roadmap towards sustainability. The CHSA’s ambition is to support members, whatever their current position, to make progress towards a more sustainable future.
The roadmap towards sustainability has five pillars:
- Product: the product as it is received and disposed of by the end user.
- Packaging: product packaging and packaging used in transit.
- Transportation: the complete supply chain, from sourcing of raw material to final delivery.
- Social value and ethics: encompassing the whole organisation.
- Corporate environmental impact: emissions, waste and water.
CHSA members have described their top three priorities for each pillar. The barriers include the perceived cost of investing in sustainability, the lack of, for example, sustainable packaging and transport options and the challenge of traceability throughout the supply chain.
It is now developing an education and awareness programme, tailored to the specific challenges members face. The intention is to give them the tools and resources they need to make progress on the roadmap towards sustainability.
For more, visit https://chsa.co.uk/roadmap-for-a-sustainable-business/