Only a few stands left as delegates sign up for sessions including cybercrime and sustainability
Organisers at the Manchester Cleaning Show 2020 have unveiled an exciting conference programme for this year’s event, as numbers registering to attend continue to exceed expectations.
The free conference programme is one of the main attractions at the show, which takes place on 25 to 26 March at Event City, Greater Manchester, and is the biggest cleaning and hygiene event in the North of England.
A number of high-profile and expert industry figures will be speaking, including Dominic Ponniah, CEO and co-founder, Cleanology, and Lorcan Mekitarian, General Manager of Berry bpi recycled products and new chairman of the Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association (CHSA).
The programme has been specially designed to feature topics identified by visitors to last year’s The Cleaning Show as being of high interest to people working in the sector.
Delegates who took part in a survey at the Cleaning Show 2019 said they would be interested in hearing more about sustainability, health and safety and business issues such as how to deal with cybercrime. These themes are all strongly represented in the new conference programme.
People can register for free to attend the Manchester Cleaning Show. So far, over 1,100 delegates have already registered for this year’s event, more than at the same stage in the run up to the Manchester Cleaning Show 2018.
Around 85 percent of exhibition space has been booked, meaning there are only a few stands left. Anyone wishing to book is being advised to do so as soon as poss.
The event is organised by the British Cleaning Council (BCC) and Quartz Business Media.
Neil Nixon, Conference Director, said: “This year’s conference programme is the best we’ve ever offered and it is free for all delegates at the Manchester Cleaning Show.
“The programme features major industry names giving expert insights. It has been redesigned to be as relevant, interesting and enlightening as possible for anyone working in the cleaning industry.”
Paul Thrupp, of the BCC, said: ”We’re delighted to see so many people signing up for the show and, also, with the rate that exhibition space is being snapped up.
“The launch of this year’s incredibly strong speaker programme is sure to attract even more interest.
“We strongly encourage anyone who works in the cleaning industry in the region to register for free now, and for anyone interested in reaching this audience, to book exhibition space before it is all gone.”
The full conference programme is as follows:
Wednesday, 25 March, 2020
- 11:30am – 12noon: Research Report – Cleanliness at Work, featuring Dominic Ponniah, CEO and co-founder, Cleanology
- 12pm – 12:30pm: Single use plastics – What it Means to the Cleaning Industry, featuring Lorcan Mekitarian, General Manager, Berry bpi recycled products and chairman of the CHSA
- 12:30pm – 1pm: Growing a Business in a Competitive Market, featuring Nik Wyers, Joint Managing Director, The Floorbrite Group
- 2 – 2:30pm: Emerging Cyber Threats and Exposures – Top Tips to Keep Your Business Safe Online, featuring Adam Marks, Cyber Underwriter, Hiscox
- 2:30 – 3pm: How Salt and Water are Creating a Cleaning Revolution, featuring Steve Courtney, Business Development Manager, Toucan Eco
Thursday, 26 March, 2020
- 11:30am – 12noon: A Change in Philosophy – The Benefits of Hiring Your Industrial Cleaning Equipment, with Martin Doran, General Manager, Astley Hire Ltd and Leigh Mason, Business Development Director, Briggs Equipment
- 12noon- 12:30pm: How a Good Marketing Strategy Can Help Grow Your Business, with Suzanne Howe, Director, Suzanne Howe Communications and Neil Nixon, Editor, Cleaning and Maintenance Magazine
- 12:30pm – 1pm: The Importance of Practical Training and Assessment, with Neil Spencer-Cook, Chief Operating Officer, BICSc, and Michelle Iland, Marketing and Events Executive, BICSc
- 2pm – 2:30pm: A Cleaning Contractor’s Guide to Workforce Tech – The Employee Lifecycle From Onboarding to Payroll, with Christian Berenger, MD, Ezitracker Workforce Management Technology
- 2:30pm – 3pm: From Niche to Norm – The Case for Sustainable Cleaning, with Paul Twiss, Marketing Director, InnuScience
- 3pm – 3.30pm: Occupational Skin Disorders – Are You Aware of the Risks? With Nick Foort, Technical Sales Specialist , Arco
For more information about registering or exhibiting at the Manchester Cleaning Show 2020, visit https://cleaningshow.co.uk/manchester